Celebrating 50 Years
Honoring M.C. Madhu Madhavan
San Diego World Affairs Council
Past President & Director Emeritus
Please Join Us
Very Special Tribute & Dinner
Friday, 20th of March
6:00 – 8:30 p.m
Royal India Banquet Hall
8990 Miramar Road
San Diego, CA 92126
$50 per guest*
*Proceeds from this Fundraiser will establish the
M.C. Madhavan World Affairs Council Scholarship
About M.C. Madhu Madhavan:
Madhavan has been a SDWAC Member since 1970 and was elected to the Board of Directors in 1982 and continued to serve until 2003,
when bylaws necessitated a year off, he rejoined the Board in 2008 and has served as Honorary Director since 2015.
SDWAC contributions throughout the years:
- In 1998 Madhavan Chaired a three day Conference on ASEAN countries, attended by the ambassadors of six ASEAN countries in US Grant Hotel.
- Organized a week long 'Japan Festival" conference, supported by Japanese CEOs in San Diego and the Honorary Consul of Japan in San Diego. Madhavan Inaugurated the International Citizen Award program in 1992 with Chancellor Atkinson of UCSD, President Tom Day of SDSU and President Author Hughes of USD as honorees in Marriott Hotel, La Jolla.
- Under Madhavan's tenure the SDWAC North County Chapter was established in Rancho Bernardo. Additionally in 1992, Madhavan helped establish the Col. Irving Salomon memorial lecture with the support of Mrs. Cecile Salomon.
- Then in 1993, Madhavan helped SDWAC move to focus on environmental problems of both San Diego and Tijuana with the participation of the City of Chula Vista and the City of Tijuana along with the US-Mexico Border Progress Foundation.
Major speakers during the 1991-1993 period included:
- IMF Managing Director Michel Camdessus,
- Philippine Foreign Secretary Raul Manglapus
- Former Prime Minister of Canada Kim Campbell
- Senior Vice President of World Bank Dr. Attila Karasmanoglu
- Ambassadors of India, Germany, Philippines and others.
If you are unable to attend but would still like to donate to M.C. Madhavan World Affairs Council Scholarship please fill out the donation form below.
For more information contact David Edick Jr. at (619) 438-4696 or email@example.com